Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Family Vacation


Mr Employent had a three day confrence he had to attend for his job. The kids were out of school for their fall break so we decided to make a vacation out of it. We stayed at a place called the Quartz mountain lodge. Yes they have actual mountains in Oklahoma who knew?! Actually it used to be a large mt range as big as the rockies but through time has pretty much eroded. They were still very pretty. We had a wonderful time. They had a pool and jacuzzi where the kids spent most of their time. We spent alot of time hiking up the giant rock formations and trails, we even drank some spring water I was worred we would all die but we didnt :) They have warnings of rattle snakes and cotton mouth snakes which I was just sure we would run into but it didnt happen either. We had a camp fire and made smores. Took lots of pictures and plan to post some eventually. The day the conference was over the kids were sad but Mr Emplyment made their day by announcing we could stay one more day. You would have thought they won the world series or something with how excited they were. It was nice no phone, internet and limited tv. Just spending time together doing things at our own pace. The lodge is so neat they had movie night for everyone on an open deck we watched narnia which I had never seen before pretty good movie.We plan to go back in the summer when the paddle boats, water slides and small amusement park are up and running. Oh we even went for a walk on the beach, I know a beach in Oklahoma :) This place had eveything. We had a very good time and only paid for one day of it ourselves preety good deal. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought since you had visited me on my blog I would come to visit you. It sounds like you have great kids and a great husband also. I love to find new blogs, it's like having a new friend.
Bridget

J-Lynn said...

My mom lives sort of down that way. She just vacationed in the Quartz mountains and loved it! My husband is going hunting with some friends down there in a few weeks. I've heard it's beautiful.

I"m glad you had such a great time! Sometimes getting back to the simplicity of life is a recharge I think.