Wednesday, December 13, 2006

christmas cards and good people

Those christmas cards, they can be a pain, addressing them, looking up addresses, having to go and get stamps. Sometimes it feels like the last thing a person would want to deal with during this busy season. I guess I have only thought about sending them not thinking will it make the persons day brighter. Well today a christmas card made my day brought much happiness and memories. In 2000 my exhusband had enough of being a father to 4 small children and a husband after 8 years and left for a girl he knew in highschool. I moved back to nebraska scared about our futures. I was a stay at home mom for 8 years. That would be ripped away from me. Daycare? Who would I trust with my children? My cousin introduced me to her daycare lady. I started taking my kids there reluctant at first. This woman Teresa Depuy was awesome she treated my children as her own. For four years she was there second mom. Her family and mine got close her daughter would come home and spend the night with my daughter. We miss them. Today I opened my mailbox and there was a christmas card and pictures of her kids like I said it made my day. I am of course sending her a card back with pictures and a letter of thanks. So I wont look at those christmas cards as a dreded chore anymore, I hope one of my cards will make someone feel just as happy this holiday season.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I know what you mean, I love getting them and I do love sending them but it's finding the time to sit down and do them. The do brighten my day when I see them in the mail.