Friday, June 30, 2006

Mom

My youngest daughter went with my mother to Colorado for a visit.It wasnt really planned but she came to visit and asked if it would be okay. I said yes and my daughter was packed up in 30 minutes. They have so much in common. My mother had no formal art training but her paintings and artwork are just phenomenal. My mom is a free spirit. My daughter loves art at the age of 10 she illustrates her own books and makes comics. I have no artistic talent. They share such a wonderful connection and I am so greatful for that. I really missed out on the whole grandparent thing. My fathers mother died before I was born. They were a big catholic family with 14 kids. My grandpa started savings accounts for the grandkids and was a neat guy but died when I was 7. My mothers parents had some kind of issue where they loved their youngest son so much and basically had very little to do with their two daughters. So I really missed out. My daughter is having such a good time they are working on artwork. Enjoying the sites of Denver and just basically enjoying eachother. I am so greatful for this. My mom has been cancer free for 13 years. I cant imagine what I would have done if she would have died. Sometimes I think God let here stay for my children, for moments like these.

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

I love watching my kids with my dad. There's nothing like a good grandparent and watching someone love your kids almost as much as you love them yourself.

I'm so glad your mom is cancer free so long! My mom passed her 3 year mark this summer. :-)