Sunday, November 26, 2006

Championship


Yes this is an actual book title. I can remember growing up the rivalry between Oklahoma and Nebraska. I grew up in Nebraska and well cornhusker football is a pretty major thing there. Even though as an ex military wife living in Florida and virginia I still kept up with what was happening with the cornhuskers. I love them even though I think that they havent been the same since Coach Osbourn. However they are still my team and where I attended some college. Manbeast however is Oklahoma born. He loves the sooners with a passion. Usually I have no trouble going down to norman and seeing a game with him or sitting on the coach cheering along with him. However this is diffrent. Plus he makes fun of the bugeaters ( cornhuskers first name) and loves to get me rilled up.This is serious. This coming weekend his and my team are playing for the championship. I dont know if God wants to be bugged with prayers about something so trivial but I am hoping that he is smiling upon Nebraska, or watching the game with manbeast and probably for a day or so afterward will be unbearable ohh I can just hear the gloating :(

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

LOL IT was definately an exciting game around here. ONe of our friends grew up in Nebraska and lives here now. If we ever get to the zoo to meet I should bring her along.

I will say a prayer about the meeting in the morning. My husband drives a gas truck and I was so afraid he'd have to drive in this but his boss said not to. *whew*